Find Adoption Services
Find Agencies by Country
Adoption as a First Choice
Your Opinions and Answers are Needed!
Hi, my name is Nicole! I am in school at Pickering High School in Ontario, Canada. I am in grade 12 or senior year. Currently I am taking a Human Growth class and within it, I have an Individual Study Unit.
My unit is focusing on adoption adjustments. I need first hand information and experiences about the adoption process. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone who has adopted but I am very interested in hearing your stories.
Please feel free to answer any or all of the following questions. Please only share what you are comfortable revealing.
1. Why did you adopt?
2. Did you adopt a boy or girl?
3. How old was the child when he/she arrived in your home?
4. Did you child experience any adjustment problems once he/she was brought to your new home? If yes, please describe your child’s behavior and your reactions.
5. Have you told your child that he/she is adopted?
IF YES: At what age? How did you do it?
IF NO: When do you plan to do it? How will you?
6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult part of adopting a child?
7. In your opinion, what is the best part of adopting a child?
8. What advice would you give to someone thinking of adopting?
Thanks so much for your time!
Most Popular Articles on AdoptiveFamilies.com
Recommended Adoption Book