National Adoption Directory

Find an Adoption Agency

Find an Adoption Attorney

Full Directory ►

Join Adoption Groups!

Click the arrows to expand each group category below

Family Building Options

Starting Out in Adoption

Waiting to Adopt

U.S. Newborn Adoption

U.S. Foster Adoption

International Adoption

My Family

My Adoption Interests

My Child's Age/Stage

My Location

The Adoption Triad

Adoptive Families Magazine

Poland Adoptive Families

Child Abuse clearance for Poland

My husband lived in Poland for 10 years (from age 10). We are currently living in China (both US citizens) and adopting from Ethiopia. We have to have a child abuse clearance letter from Poland for the 10 years he lived there and I’m having an awful time trying to figure out how to get one. I was hoping someone in this group might have an idea? Thank you so much!


In the USA you can often get clearance through the police dept who fingerprints you and then matches your fingerprints against their records. They also have a form you fill out with all addresses etc that you resided at. Maybe start with a police dept in Poland OR how about contacting the Polish Embassy in China? Good luck.

Posted by babydreams on Jun 13, 2014 at 7:13pm

Thank you, I hadn’t thought of the Polish Embassy.

Posted by granolamama on Jun 14, 2014 at 6:21am

That is a good question. You might want to ask it on the subreddit r/poland. Click Here:  This was a good resource for us when we adopted from Poland.

Posted by Sarai on Jun 16, 2014 at 6:17pm

It seems like your home study agency should do this for you. But if not, the USCIS website has a list of countries that don’t have child abuse registries. If a country is on that list, that’s all that’s needed to satisfy the requirement of checking the child abuse registry for that particular country.

Posted by Lynne H on Jun 16, 2014 at 9:08pm

Reply to this thread

You must be logged in to reply. To login, click here. Not a member? Join AdoptiveFamiliesCircle today. It's free and easy!


Find an Adoption Agency

Find an Adoption Attorney or Agency

Search the full directory ►