Sign In to Add a Forum Post

NOTE: These forums exist for archival purposes only.
Please post any new, active discussion topics to the most appropriate corresponding adoption group

Adopting a sibling group through U.S. Foster Care
Posted: 14 November 2009 08:25 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Rank

Our homestudy is currently being typed up and should be ready to start sending out very soon. We are searching for a sibling group to adopt and hope to build our family over the next few years. We would love to talk to others who have adopted or hope to adopt a sibling group.

Posted: 15 November 2009 04:40 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Rank

my husband and I have 5 kids. Our 3 boys are adopted from foster care. We live in NJ. Two of our three boys are brothers by birth.
It has been a long road, but we would not change anything.
What age group are you looking to adopt? Do you want boys or girls? What about medical problems?
When we were taking in foster kids we didn’t want any kids that were over six, because we had our girls and we didn’t want them to feel like they had any compitation.
After we had our one son, who was still our foster son, he started having seziures. we then had to go to classes through DYFS.
Then the second boys was born with a list of medical conditions. But we did alot of reading and talked to doctors and other parents who have been through what we have.
Now all three boys are ours. We are a multicultural family..so we do get looks and questions when we go out. But we will talk to anyone who is polite and nice to our boys. Plus I think it has been a very good for our girls.
Good luck..I hope that all works out well.

Posted: 15 November 2009 05:00 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Rank

Hi,
Thanks for responding and sharing. We are looking for a sibling group of at least 3 or more children. We would like for the oldest to be 10 or younger and we would love a combination of boys/girls. We are open to any race. I guess as far as medical conditions we would just have to consider what they are and our ability to offer the children everything they need. I am a special education teacher and my husband is a nurse so between us we have experience in a large number of special issues medical, emotional, behavioral, and educational.  I have raised 3 grown sons and we have one adopted 7 year old daughter.
Sylvia