Sign In to Add a Forum Post

NOTE: These forums exist for archival purposes only.
Please post any new, active discussion topics to the most appropriate corresponding adoption group

can you foster/adopt from outside your state?
Posted: 21 February 2011 05:42 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Rank

Hi all,
  My husband and I are trying to figure out how to adopt without losing everything, Yes,I know ther are grants,loans etc. When banks look at us I am afraid they will see we make lots on money have a couple of loans already out. However, they will not see we pay over 700 a month for my husbands first(only) child and have to pay over 7000 for income tax this year???? I am so disgusted with all of this right now. how are we going to do this??
So as an alternative we did go to a meeting here in RI for foster/adopt. But quite honestly there are very few under a a year. I am not interested in adopting a5or 6 yeard old so I was wondering can you adopt from outsiude your state through foster care? or only your state? Sounds weird but just wondering
Diane

Posted: 23 February 2011 05:21 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Rank

According to what info I was told you can adopt out of your state, but only after a year of looking within your state…not sure if that is everywhere or just where we were at. Of course you can do domestic infant adoptions and get a baby from any state. HTH

Posted: 10 March 2011 01:07 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  9
Rank

go to adoptuskids.net (or is it org) yes you can adopt from out of state. The states have some paperwork to do but it is possible.
Regina Kupecky