Sign In to Add a Forum Post

NOTE: These forums exist for archival purposes only.
Please post any new, active discussion topics to the most appropriate corresponding adoption group

Just wanting advice on adopting
Posted: 08 January 2011 07:01 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Rank

Hi! My husband and I are just looking into the adoption process.  I am 31yo stay-at-home mom and my husband is 34yo Senior Pastor.  We have a gorgeous 5yo son.  We also have a daughter, Oakleigh, who would have been 8 this year and is our angel in Heaven.  I have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), incompetent cervix and Endometriosis.  We struggled to conceive both of our children and have been unsuccessful, over the past few years, in conceiving.  I am getting very discouraged when looking up adoption information due to the amazingly high cost of adoption.  Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with grants or anything that might assist with adoption costs.  Also, we live in Indiana and I’m wondering about the best agency to get started with.  Any type of information, advice or help would be greatly appreciated.  We are a very loving and happy family and would love to add another member into our lives.  Thanks and God bless!!

Posted: 09 January 2011 05:44 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  25
Rank

Welcome bishops_wife!  Don’t be put off by what you read about the cost of adoption.  While it is true that some adoptions are very expensive, many families adopt for reasonable sums of money.  And the federal tax credit (assuming you qualify) offsets a great deal of expense.  Read about it here: http://www.adoptivefamilies.com/articles.php?aid=2126.  To see the average actual costs that the readers of Adoptive Families incurred, see the results of the Adoptive Families’ poll on cost adn timing of adoption: http://www.adoptivefamilies.com/articles.php?aid=2126.

Finally, there are many wonderful adoption agencies throughout the US.  And I’m sure the AFC community will suggest many. As you live in Indiana, if you are close to Indianapolis, you may want to start by attending an information session at Bethan Christian/Indiana.

All best, and let us know how you are progressing.

Susan

Posted: 16 February 2011 10:28 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  5
Rank

Check out helpusadopt.org. One of my friends sent me a post from a magazine they found.  Their goal is to assist people financially with adopting.

Posted: 16 February 2011 11:59 PM   Ignore ]  
Rank

Best wishes to you in your adoption journey!  There are lots of loans and grants out there - just search them on google.  Adoption is a beautiful thing!  I love my two little blessings! smile  ~Holly

Posted: 18 February 2011 06:24 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  7
Rank

Hi BishopsWife,

First let me say that I’m far from an expert.  I’m just another person who has gone through the same part of the decision-making process.  As others have already said, there are a number of loans, grants, etc. out there you can take advantage of.  And there are lots of different paths to adoption.  In our case, my husband and I are working with a local non-profit agency that has a sliding scale of cost of services based on income level and fixed at time of application.  We’ll pay less than some folks and more than others in the same program, and it makes adoption more possible for people without many financial resources.  In addition, we pay for services as they are rendered, with the bulk of the payment occurring after placement.  This made the whole process feel less financially risky to us when we first started looking into adoption.  Between that and the anticipated financial support from both my employer and the federal government (in the form of a tax credit), our adoption (when it happens) will downright affordable.  Note that there are many different payment structures out there, and some agencies require an up-front payment in full.  Other options you may want to consider are foster-adopt or adoption of an older child.  I think there are more financial resources available to support those paths, though I admit I have not done a great deal of research on them. 

My biggest piece of advice is to go to some information meetings at a few agencies in your area.  Listen to what they say, see if you feel comfortable with the ethics and attitudes of the organization and the people representing it, and gather information about cost and pricing structures.  There are a lot of variations out there, and at some point you may just feel that ‘click’ that says “this is the right place and the right option for me”.  And if none of those are a good fit, don’t give up!  It just means that you might want to go through a private adoption or work through a national agency or to work through the foster system.  In any case, going to the meetings will give you a better sense of what questions you want to ask and give you a familiarity with the language of adoption, which we found really useful when reading books, getting information, etc.  And, if the agencies are worth their salt, they’ll help you figure out the best path forward and help you find the information and support you need.

Hope it all turns out well for you and your family!

Posted: 21 June 2012 04:33 PM   Ignore ]  
Rank

Hello everyone! We are a newer agency in Florida and are looking for adoptive parents. We DO NOT have a long wait list like other, larger agencies. We have a very small, very short list. Please call us to work with us. Angels of Love Adoption Agency, 352-585-9988 or 888-944-ANGEL. THIS IS FOR REAL!! We need adoptive parents. If you live in Florida and have a home study or need a home study, please call. If you live outside of Florida and have a home study or are in the process of having one completed, please call. We have a web site Angels of Love Adoption - and can be emailed at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). We do not have the high fees of other agencies either and we can do out of state ICPC placements.

Thank you!!

Posted: 03 May 2013 05:01 PM   Ignore ]  
Rank

BOOSTING YOUR ADOPTION PROFILE and HELPING YOU TO ADOPT
Dear Sir/Madame,
                    I am Mr Christian NGWA NDIFOR. I am the CEO and the co-founder of NDIFOR GROUP COMPANY LIMITED (NGCL) Cameroon.    We are a consulting company located in The Republic of Cameroon. We are

also in the development of Intelligent Marketing Strategies tailored for both corporation, businesses and individuals. As we live in a more globalized world and with every aspect of life processes now marketable, we find it positive in

developing new marketable techniques.
                    I Christian Ngwa Ndifor is also an entrepreneur and the brain behind many of our endeavors. I have innovated on the field of the adoption industries and have come up with one more smart technique which will serve

as a boost to adoption profiles. I would like to emphasize that, this is a proposal not an obligation. I found it wise to forward this proposal and it’s up to you to decide if it will be beneficial to your adoption profile or not. If it will be

beneficial, then you can get back so,  we can work on exploring it. If not, no problem.
It is a basic plan which is about the launching of a campaign to act as a platform and additional point to promote you adoption profile to the adoption world audiences both locally and worldwide.
You might ask how wills this work? Exactly, we will work on services that will provide an additional boost to your adoption profile within the adoption audiences and whole world in general. We will work on providing endorsements as

proof or certifications to be included to your profile.

We would like to assure that, all our work will be transparent, official and formal. Under no circumstances are we to take advantage of you or being a fly by night group. We have all our corporate documents ready which are traceable

\verifiable legally from the Cameroon Chambers of commerce and tax office. We are very moderate in our service and will depend on you if our plan become an added value to you success then we will welcome and rewards deem

appropriate for our service. ( To provide some hints into the kind of services we can provide to boost your adoption profile which will therefore boost your chances is about advising on how to extend some personal humanitarian

services to the children or youths or any downtrodden segment to either Africa any other area of your choice around the world. We will then provide certification for such services offer with track record which you will include to your

profile. This will not only be about adoption. It will also be like some sought of fun think to do which will work towards fostering the human family. just a clue)

We will also propose that, should you look into adopting from either Uganda, Malawi, Ethiopia, South Africa or from any country in Africa in General, we will be more than willing and ready to assist in running the

errands or any documentation/followUp that might be needed.

I, Christian Ngwa ndifor and our company look forward working with you if you will consider our proposal.

Sincerely

Sincerely

Mr Christian Ngwa Ndifor
CEO of NDIFOR GROUP COMPANY LIMITED
P.o Box 47, Bambili,
Bamenda, NWR01
00237, Cameroon
Tel: +237 935 30 340
Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
      .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 06 October 2014 02:59 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  6
Rank

Hi bishops_wife2000…..This is really sad that you are facing such problems but you should not leave you hopes as there are still such adoption agency who can help you. I have few relatives who have adopted child from an adoption agency and found very supportive and good. You must consult with them. The name of that agency is Providence Place. it is in Texas, San Antonio.

Providence Place is a nonprofit organization that offer domestic, international, older child and embryo adoption services, vocational training for adults with disabilities and working with other nonprofit organizations in the San Antonio area.

‹‹ Adopthelp      . ››