Sign In to Add a Forum Post

NOTE: These forums exist for archival purposes only.
Please post any new, active discussion topics to the most appropriate corresponding adoption group

Need Agency info
Posted: 06 October 2010 04:43 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  4
Rank

I am doing some research for my daughter who is just started the adoption research process after many failed IVF attemps…do you have any recommendations on agencies?
She has narrowed it down to a few:
Adopthelp
Adoption Network Law Center
Abrazo
american adoptions
Independant Adoption Center
Gladney
Heart to Heart

Do you know anything about any of them…good or bad?
Is there any other agency you would reccommend or is an attorney best?
If not is there any advice that you could share since her and her husband are just beginning on this journey.
Thanks so much

Posted: 06 October 2010 06:59 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  8
Rank

Good luck to your daughter.  We used WACAP based out of Seattle but serving most of the US.  We had a great experience with them.  I would recommend checking them out as well.

E

Posted: 06 October 2010 10:39 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Rank

are they considering a domestic or international adoption?

Posted: 06 October 2010 06:46 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  4
Rank

I believe a domestic adoption. And they live in southern California.

Posted: 13 October 2010 11:56 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  112
RankRank

Find Adoption Agencies

This may be a helpful page for you with your research.

Danielle Pennel
Community Moderator

Posted: 14 October 2010 06:26 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Rank

We used American Adoptions and couldn’t have had a better experience.  We researched many agencies including the Adoption Law Network and Heart to Heart. Our friends used the Adoption Law Network and they did not recommend them.  Two other couples we know used American Adoptions also and they had very good experiences as well.  What we especially liked about the agency was:  There was always someone available to answer our questions in a timely manner; they kept us up to date on all aspects of the process; they were fair and up front about fees and costs; they handled locating an attorney for us for the actual adoption which was out of state.  Basically, they facilitated all aspects of the adoption - from the profile page we created to be viewed by potential birth moms, to the match agreement, and on through the finalization. I know the Adoption Law Network does not do this. They are not a licensed adoption agency. I believe you have to contract with a separate agency if you go through them.  I felt very comfortable with our choice in American Adoptions.  Our agency also provides much-needed emotional and informational support for birth moms which helps facilitate a successful adoption.  We plan to use this agecny again in the future when we hope to adopt a second child.

Posted: 14 October 2010 06:31 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Rank

Oh, and since your daughter and her husband are in California, we worked with a sister agency in California called Bethany Christain Services (b/c our daughter was born in California) and they were very good as well. American Adoptions contracts with Bethany to handle aspects of adoptions occurring in that state.  I would definitely look into them too. They do domectic and international adoptions I believe.  Our social worker in California through Bethany was wonderful and really helped during the match and the “legalities” afterwards.