Sign In to Add a Forum Post

NOTE: These forums exist for archival purposes only.
Please post any new, active discussion topics to the most appropriate corresponding adoption group

Birth Parent Search Analysis
Posted: 25 June 2010 10:06 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  47
Rank

Blogger Stacy Clark shares what a “birth parent analysis search” is and how it can help adoptive families who are deciding whether to conduct a birth parent search. Have you ever considered, or conducted, a birth parent search or birth parent search analysis? Share your experiences.

Posted: 26 June 2010 05:37 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  30
Rank

Beautiful post.

Sharon Van Epps

http://www.sharonvanepps.com

http://www.whateverthingsaretrue.com

Posted: 27 June 2010 04:43 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  40
Rank

Thanks Sharon. I’m hoping to hear from some families who have searched—successfully or not—as I consider whether, or when, to take the next step in a birth parent search.

Posted: 07 July 2010 04:12 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Rank

We adopted our children 10 yrs. ago.  Just this last week, our oldest daughter located her birth mother.  I had attempted to keep up with her over the yrs.  I knew she had married and I had her new name.  I also had S.S. number and date of birth.  Searches on the internet provided little info.  My daughter did a post on facebook and it wasn’t long before they met.  I had so many mixed feelings.  It was hard.  I was the mom who put the broken pieces of my daughter’s life back together.  I had the privilege of being with my daughter as she reunited with her birth mom.  It has been a healing experience for us all.  I feel uncertainty about the future.  She is the birth mother of my four other adopted children.  So I will take this journey a day at time.  So moms don’t be afraid face this time with courage.  It is important that our children know their roots. The birth mother gave our children life, we have taught them to live it.

Posted: 08 July 2010 04:00 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  40
Rank

Momtosix—thanks for commenting on your recent experience with finding your daughter’s birth mother. You offer those of us who aren’t there yet the compassion to have mixed feelings and the courage to face what may come. You said it all so well.