Sign In to Add a Forum Post

NOTE: These forums exist for archival purposes only.
Please post any new, active discussion topics to the most appropriate corresponding adoption group

Line of Credit for adoption costs?
Posted: 15 May 2010 10:43 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Rank

Has anyone had any kind of success getting a Line of Credit to use for the adoption costs?  Not using home equity, we don’t have enough in our home yet?

Thanks.

Posted: 18 May 2010 03:55 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Rank

Yes, we did.  We were able to a get a GoldOption Adoption loan through Bank of America.  We did not own a home at the time and thus a home equity loan was out of the question.  We were able to get everything we needed and fortunately, asked for it prior to the economy taking a down turn.  However, it is worth a shot and I know without a doubt we wouldn’t have our son if we hadn’t found that option.

Best wishes!

Posted: 18 May 2010 05:43 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Rank

How long ago was it that you this loan?  I called and asked them if they had anything for adoption and they told me no.  Did you go to a local branch or did you call someone and ask about it?

Posted: 22 August 2010 11:42 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  4
Rank

I know this is a late reply.  We were able to get a line of credit through our credit card company for our second adoption.  It was actually a reasonable interest rate, considering we didn’t have to use collateral.  Our first adoption was financed through a home equity loan at a stupidly high rate.  Our first adoption happened so fast the we didn’t have time to research and apply at lots of places.  I definitely recommend having your finances in place by the time you are ready to activate your adoption profile.  Our first adoption matched 30 days after, and our second adoption matched 42 days after activation.