Sign In to Add a Forum Post

NOTE: These forums exist for archival purposes only.
Please post any new, active discussion topics to the most appropriate corresponding adoption group

card for birthmom on Motherís Day?
Posted: 27 April 2010 01:10 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Rank

Hi - We have an open adoption with our son’s birthmom, but she lives several states away and our main form of communication is via email. This will be our 1st mother’s day (our son was born on May23, 2009) and as I am making Mother’sday cards for my mom, and sisters, mother-inlaw, I am wondering if I should make one for the birthmom. I think we should but my husband is worried it might upset her or she’ll take it the wrong way. Is there another way to word the card? I would like to acknowledge her in some way b/c I feel like I wouldn’t be a mom had it not been for her. If anyone has any creative ideas, i’d love to hear them!
thanks!

Posted: 27 April 2010 12:36 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Rank

I made our boys’ birth mother a card on Shutterfly. I chose a ‘thinking of you” card and filled it with pictures of the boys. I reworded the text they had in the card to let her know how much we love her.
julie

Posted: 02 May 2010 10:18 PM   Ignore ]  
Rank

The Sunday before Mother’s Day has been noted as Birthmother’s Day. I have found some Birthmother’s Day cards online (only a few), but of course, you have to order them early enough to receive them and mail them on time.

Posted: 07 May 2010 10:44 PM   Ignore ]  
Rank

Actually the Saturday before Mother’s Day is Birth Mother’s Day, which is tomorrow.

Posted: 22 June 2010 02:27 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  13
Rank

My friend created these birthmother cards for us, and you’re welcome to them! http://www.bubblegumandlemondrops.com they’re great for updates and birthmother’s day too!

Jamesandtiffanyadopt
http://www.wedreambig.shutterfly.com

Posted: 22 April 2014 08:32 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Rank

mothers day is coming, this article is very helpful for those who wanna wish mothers day to their moms,,,,
Everyone is talking about mothers day but no one is talking about Happy Fathers Day 2014