Sign In to Add a Forum Post

NOTE: These forums exist for archival purposes only.
Please post any new, active discussion topics to the most appropriate corresponding adoption group

Adoption Disruption?
Posted: 16 September 2017 01:57 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Rank

Hi. Everything is governed by law. We are hardly aware about the law. The adoption process can become easier if we consult an adoption lawyer who can guide us to the best. While checking for lawyers, I found about the lawyer Bechara Tarabay on this website who has a wide experience of law. By an expert advice on our side, we can save ourselves from various issues.

Posted: 01 April 2016 05:35 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Rank

Dear Adoptive Parents,

You are invited to take part in a research study about the experiences of adoptive parents in the United States who have adopted a child from outside of the United States and who later experienced dissolution/disruption of the adoption. The study aims to investigate how adoptive parents experience dissolution/disruption of an international adoption and the effects of dissolution/disruption on adults and the family. The results will help to design better international adoption practices as well as counseling practices offered to adoptive parents who experienced dissolution/disruption of an adoption placement. The interview is expected to take approximately one to 1.5 hours.

Eligibility: Women and men who have adopted a child from outside of the United States during the last 26 years (after 1989), who have later experienced dissolution/disruption of the adoption, and who are over the age of 18 years of age. 

Benefit to You: Your will have an opportunity to speak about your experience.  This will help us to better understand how adults experience dissolution/disruption of an adoptive placement, to identify gaps in existing adoption practices, and help us to develop better approaches to helping women and men transition through the adoption dissolution/disruption process.

To participate in the study, please contact the primary investigator to schedule an interview:

Olga Hayes (Verbovaya), MSW, ABD
School of Social Work
University of Texas at Arlington
email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
phone: 405-326-2144

Information gained in this interview will be completely confidential. That is, no individuals will be identified in the results or reports that come from the study. If you questions about participating in this study, please contact the researcher directly via email or phone: Olga Hayes (Verbovaya), MSW, ABD, mail: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), phone: 405-326-2144.
Please note that this study has been approved by the University of Texas at Arlington Institutional Review Board (IRB# 2016-0499).
Your time and efforts to better understand how adoptive parents experience adoption disruption/dissoluton are sincerely appreciated and will help to establish better adoption practices and make a difference in the experiences of other adoptive parents.

Regards,
Olga Hayes (Verbovaya)
School of Social Work
The University of Texas at Arlington      

Note: If you do not qualify for this study but know someone who might, please feel free to forward this message to them; however, we also ask that you keep the content of the message intact so that adoptive parents have all of the necessary information regarding the study. Thank you!

Posted: 04 May 2013 01:55 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Rank

Hello. This is the first of topics or discussions that i have actually came across addressing a Terminated Adoption.

Considered and labeled a “product” of a terminated and failed first adoption, and a “product” of an already failing OK State Foster Care System of the late 70’s, I still, at age 41, continue to seek closure in my attempts to heal the damage done to my soul, following what was for me a very dark and traumatic 6 yrs of daily torture, isolation and starvation ritual that i endured between ages 3 - 9.

If anyone has a recommendation for a story from the perspective of the ‘unwanted child” as i became labeled, I would be more than willing to share my story, which is not one for the faint of heart, but one that needs to be heard by the families of those who have forever been silenced by childhood abuse.

I have been speaking very loudly since age 14 within crisis support groups, and telling my story of Surviving Trauma and the effects and impact that the ECT has had on my very chaotic life and the experiences which have led me into a life of empowerment, survival and advocacy, while trying to help those who have diagnosed and mis-diagnosed my many disorders over the years, to understand the symptoms each form of abuse and neglect and prolonged psychotraumatic exposure has affected me throughout each Life Phase.

I am of course unemployed due to various forms of PTSD and PTED, etc, but unemployment only came for me at age 37, when symptoms finally disrupted my life as a single mother.

I now tell it like it is and how is was, for me to grow up in the aftermath of a very tragic and painfully remembered 6 yr period of unimaginable abuse. I write for the Recovery of myself and fellow survivors. I am currently writing book 2 of what will be a 5 book series depicting my life experiences and goals for my future also include Trauma Coaching and Motivational Speaking.

Posted: 12 April 2010 10:28 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  47
Rank

Most of you have probably heard the heartbreaking story about the seven-year-old boy who was sent alone on a plane back to Russia by his U.S. adoptive parents. Understandably, there is currently a high level of media interest about adoption disruption. If your family has either disrupted an adoption or adopted a child from a disrupted adoption, and you are willing to speak with a New York Times reporter, please send us your name, telephone number, and e-mail address using the form you’ll find at http://www.adoptivefamilies.com/polls/85.