Sign In to Add a Forum Post

NOTE: These forums exist for archival purposes only.
Please post any new, active discussion topics to the most appropriate corresponding adoption group

International adoption questionnaire
Posted: 08 April 2010 11:04 PM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Rank

Hi, my name is Rachel. I was born in Kaliningrad, Russia. I was adopted by my American parents when I was five years old and brought to this country. My interest in adoption is based on my beginnings. This is my senior year in high school. I am doing a report on the international adoption experience.I’ve made a survey consisting of sixteen questions. Please participate in answering the following questions with which you feel comfortable. Any prompt, detailed answers would be greatly appreciated!

Important:
The information gathered will remain confidential throughout this project. The information will only be given to my supervisor, Mrs. Fisher. Your name will not be disclosed in any published and/or written material resulting from this survey. 

1. What were your motivations for adopting?

2. Who or what facilitated your adoption?

3. Were you given any information about the birth parents’ medical or   family backgrounds?

4. How long did the adoption process take?

5. How did you prepare for the adoption?

6. At what age was your child adopted?

7. What difficulties did you encounter with your child during the first few months in this country?

8. What kind of personality does your child have?

9. Where did you find your post adoption support?

10. Does your child see a therapist, psychologist, counselor?

11. Does your child have any health problems? If so, did it effect your adoption?

12. Have you ever discussed your child’s adoption with him/her?

13. What do you think is the hardest thing about adopting?

14. Is there anything about the adoption you would change?

15. Would you adopt again?

16. What are some words of advice you would give to people looking to adopt?

Posted: 27 December 2014 01:09 AM   Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  6
Rank

Hi Rachel…Hope you doing well!

If you are looking for an adoption information, you must contact someone professional who deals in adoption on regular basis. You must attend some adoption information seminar, I am sure you will get to learn lot of from the seminars. If you are interested in attending an Adoption Information Seminar please contact Sarah Reiter to schedule an appointment:

Sarah Reiter
210.696.2410 ext. 115
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)